"I skied in the pink," my husband told me. Wednesday evening he skinned up Mt. Bachelor and skied down at sunset, when alpenglow turned the whole world pink.
*
Last week I phoned my sister-in-law, who has been painting Central Oregon for decades. "Where and when might I find pink?" I asked.
Artists are used to questions like this. Manzanita is flowering pink right now, she said immediately, but of course you have to lean close to see them. Currant's tiny flowers are pink. Some rocks are pink. (See painting to the right: Hot Rocks.) In the fall, cheat grass is pink.
So there you have it.
*
Actually last week was a summer week ("spring" here being the rapid alternation of winter/summer, as I mentioned) and now all the crabapples and cherries are blooming violently pink. As you walk around you spy them between pine trees. They're absolutely lovely.
1 comment:
Ah, Pink!
(Around here, rhododendrons can be pink. Mostly they are magenta, but you do see pink.)
Post a Comment