Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost: 1 sagebrush lizard

Last week my husband found a bluebelly lizard in his office, which he caught and brought home for Sasha. Sasha was enamored. She named the lizard Lulu. Lulu is just about 4 inches long; she fits perfectly in Sasha's hand. We set up the old fishtank for her, filled with twigs and compost and the bugs that live in compost, and set beside it a halogen light (for warmth), and Sasha's been putting her in the tank and taking her out and carrying her around and then putting her back so she can warm up and then taking her out again.

Last night, after we'd told Sasha good-night, she retrieved Lulu from the fishtank. She fell asleep with Lulu in her grubby hands. This morning, Lulu was gone.

Now I have to search my daughter's room for a four-inch-long sagebrush lizard.

I hope I find her. Eeek.

3 comments:

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

When I finished this blog post and stood up from the couch, THERE WAS LULU! I'd been sitting beside her.

Somehow she got out of Sasha's room, down the hall, down five steps, across the living room and up onto the couch. Where I then sat.

Whew!

I think.

mayberry said...

I'm glad you didn't sit ON HER! And I'm glad she's found, safe and sound.

jo(e) said...

Laughing.