Monday, February 01, 2010

Ba dum bump

OPB has been re-broadcasting the latest movie versions of Jane Austen's work (Sundays at 9pm). I've seen all the Austen movies on YouTube, as I mentioned, but I recorded Emma anyway. I wanted to see it on the big screen, without interruption.

So one night last week I curled on the couch with a cup of tea and my husband, and my insomniac son curled on the little futon, and I giggled in pleased anticipation as I clicked "play."

And my husband fell asleep. My son fell asleep, too. They were both asleep within ten minutes.

Later I asked them about this. HOW could you FALL ASLEEP during the FIRST TEN MINUTES of EMMA? For goodness sake!

"All they do is talk, talk, talk," replied my son, "and have picnics."

Hrm. Actually that's a pretty good summary of Emma.

1 comment:

MARY G said...

Snicker. Happens at my house, too. Although my favourite is both my husband and my daughter sleeping through part of Act IV of MacBeth at Stratford. I really needed the trumpet.