Friday, January 29, 2010

Colder and drier, with cats

Sasha's cough being infinitely better, I have allowed the house to return to its usual cold, dry state. And now (or "Therefore, now" – ?) she's playing with modern-day mammals.

For Christmas my mother found her an American Girl cat, which is little and furry and very cute, and which arrived with a Pet Journal. Sasha completed the Pet Journal earlier this morning, sounding out the words to write all by herself.

Journal: My favorite memory with my pet is
Sasha: Going on a wok

Journal: Write a story ... of an imaginary journey the two of you went on together
Sasha: Going to the sentr uv the erth

She also wrote that her pet's favorite game is pretend fishing. To play this game, the cat uses a fishing pole with a magnet on its end to "catch" paper fish with paperclips or staples on them. She's building this toy now, all on her own, because it's Friday and I need to work.

Oh, right! Work!

1 comment:

mayberry said...

I love a kid who creates her own toys!