Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On a Saturday

  1. Sort broken crayon bits by color.
  2. Melt similarly-colored crayon bits in an clean, tin soup can. On the stove. (Turn on fan.) This should take 5-10 minutes.
  3. Pour liquid into molds.
  4. Cool in freezer 20 minutes.
  5. Pop out of mold.
  6. Photograph results for the blog.




The molds came with one of those magic sand kit thingies that Sasha's aunt gave her for Christmas one year; I found them Saturday as I was cleaning out a closet.

Aren't they cool? I love them. On popping the dinos from their molds, I immediately called my sisters to tell them what they'll be getting for Christmas this year.

2 comments:

MARY G said...

Thanks!

alejna said...

That is so cool! Funny that I see this now--just a couple minutes ago I was sorting through a pile of mostly broken crayons.

I don't think we have any molds...actually, we have some shaped ice-cube trays. I wonder if that would work?

Also, I'm wondering how it would be to marble melted colors together, or layer them in the molds while still warm.

I totally want to try this project!