Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Central Oregon playground
Near Benham Falls, 15 miles from Bend.
As my husband was parking the truck rather precariously against an embankment, we spotted a coyote loping down the road. It's a Forest Service road – that is, a one-lane dirt road – in an area heavily logged 50-70 years ago, so the trees are small and dense and so is the undergrowth. It's poorly managed, some would say. The coyote looked to be doing all right, though. He was pacing something, a squirrel maybe.
Look look look! I cried. OOO! replied my kids; and then they leapt from the truck and scrambled up those rocks you see there, and then picked up some sticks to combat each other with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I ended a blog post with a preposition!
I definitely need the practice of NaBloPoMo.
It is sometimes impossible not to. And me an ex English teacher.
It's fox spotting around here - we have coyote/wolves as well, but the foxes are so beautiful.
Love your daughter's sweater.
Post a Comment