Saturday, January 08, 2011

Naught

(see update below)

Last night my husband gathered together all his ski gear and all Blake's ski gear and all Sasha's ski gear and all my ski gear and set it out so that this morning we could be dressed by 8am; and then he waxed everybody's skis but his own. Meanwhile I cooked a hearty dinner (hungarian stew) and baked apple turnovers for a quick-and-easy breakfast and then I packed four hearty lunches and then I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom; and we all got to bed on time –

and Sasha woke with a terrible cough and a fever.

So she's missing her first day of ski school and I am pacing the house at 8:20am on a Saturday, full of pent-up energy, wondering what the heck to do with this day.

I guess I'll write a blog post.

*

9:30pm update: New title: (Not) Naught

The wee girlie rallied after a dose of Motrin and some honey, so we drove up to the mountain to join her class at lunchtime; and I got a few runs in myself. I never met up with my husband but I did see my son twice and also a couple of friends – all of whom had seen my husband just moments before. Must! Remember! Cell phone!

Now I am again assembling four lunches so that we can do it all over tomorrow (without the cough/fever, please): because my son has his first ski race.

Whee!

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

Aw, that's disappointing.

jo(e) said...

Aw, that's disappointing.

MARY G said...

My mother used to be most disapproving of me when I took the kids somewhere with a fever. I was put to bed with a book at the first sign of any illness. But I found that they did just fine. Glad your day worked out fairly well.