Monday, January 10, 2011

sick, well

Yesterday neither Motrin nor honey could calm my daughter's cough, so we stayed at home by the fire and the steambath that is our humidifier while the males drove up to the mountain: up into the freezing fog.

For awhile I questioned my decision to stay home because up in the freezing fog my son had his very first ski race ever. I so wanted all of us to be there! I knew I'd made the right choice, though, when Sasha watched TV for over an hour without picking up a pen to draw something; she was listless, pale, with dark circles under her eyes. Oh, my girl. I laid down my regret and thought, This is what I am doing today. Today I am caring for my sick child.

She stayed home from school today but she's infinitely better. She velcro'ed her shoes together and hopped around the house, giggling.

1 comment:

mayberry said...

Oh, that's a shame you had to miss the race. My girl had her first ice skating event this weekend and had to perform with a miserable sore throat. I might have cried just a tiny bit when she took the ice.