Monday, January 12, 2009

Trust

Yesterday from the Skyliner chair I watched a man ski beneath us, fast and confident, making pretty turns. I thought at first that he was a course worker. He carried a lot in his arms; I thought he was probably carrying poles or stakes.

In fact he had a child in his arms. As they skied beneath us I heard the child laughing.

Do you remember trusting someone else's abilities that completely?

Or your own?

6 comments:

MARY G said...

Yes, when I could trust my joints and muscles to do what I told them to do and not hurt, d-n it.
I can remember throwing my babies up in the air and catching them. Now I watch LS's daddy throw her and gulp. Now that I can't trust myself any more, I worry about everyone. Silly old lady, that's me.

Anonymous said...

No and no.

Great post! The last line caught my breath.

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

I knew you'd say that, jo(e).

Hi Kate! I didn't recognize you at first.

And Mary? thanks for the bloggy validation the other day.

Joie de Vivre said...

Love love love this post. Ditto Kate.

Anonymous said...

I remember when your own husband skied down the slopes with your child on his *shoulders*!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I’m sending you this as it’s something you shouldn’t miss…
I was completely shocked and amused with what I saw and
I thought it might benefit you as well
You’ll find this very exciting and I’m sure you would
want to check it out too.
www.easy-money-spinner.co.uk
www.papercraft-ideas.com
www.memorial-signs.co.uk
Best Wishes,
Paul profit