We often say that by living here, we're making a sacrifice. Our friends say this too. We mean financial sacrifice, mostly (Central Oregon pays notoriously low wages), but the complaint also may refer to Bend's cultural or retail offerings.
On the other hand.

Yesterday: Blake clambering over a downed ponderosa near the fish hatchery, Camp Sherman, OR.
5 comments:
Or, it could be said that those who live near lots of cultural opportunies and great retail are the ones who are sacrificing other important things...?
- Jennifer (Faking It)
I think that either way, you're sacrificing something...but every time I come here I feel like I just want to say, "Wow, it's so beautiful." Hit repeat.
Amazing. And Jennifer (FI) has an excellent point.
Well, I was wondering that myself -- whether people in cities consider themselves to be sacrificing lifestyle for cash. (Lifestyle isn't the word I mean but I'm not sure what else to say.) I know a pair of Bendites now living in Seattle who say that they're stockpiling cash so that they can return someday. But I also know people (like my sister Jill) who live in a city but get out in the forest pretty often & feel that they've got the best of both worlds.
Oh, I just absolutely love that photo.
Post a Comment