Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday morning snowboarding

Rewritten 2:44pm
Weather report from Mt. Bachelor at 8am: 32 degrees, raining, moderate to strong winds; more than half of the lifts on stand-by.

Er.

I still wanted to check it out, but Artist Sister-in-law said it would be a waste of gasoline. So, so. I brought the kids to my neighbor's house anyway and Artist Sister and I walked up Pilot Butte. Wet dirt underfoot, the smell of sage and juniper in the air. Mountains had disappeared into the gray sky. So much of this landscape is just stones and sky.

Hello, we said. Hi, how ya doin', hi, hello: lots of other people chose to walk the butte this morning, too.



Stones and sky -- and junipers.

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

Bring your snowboard here! We've got lots of snow!

NotSoSage said...

Here, too!

But, wow, have I said this before? The place where you live looks so breathtaking.

Mad said...

That picture is stunning.