Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Aa

My husband's brothers and sisters descended on the Camp Sherman house over Labor Day, partly for one last party out there and partly to help my in-laws redistribute their stuff. I expected it to be difficult for me, emotionally, so I talked my dad into giving me an excuse to escape spending a few hours on Sunday walking up Black Crater.

Every year he and I hike something. Last year we tried to go up Black Crater but were blocked by snow; this year we made it to the top. (And got lapped by a man about my age who was running the thing. Dang. It's four miles up, four miles down.)

I think this view looks toward the Pole Creek Fire*, which started this Sunday (seven days after I hiked) and has burned 2000 acres so far. It's 0% contained.




*Updated: After looking at the map a bit longer, I think the fire is further south -- closer to South Sister -- or, to put it another way, cropped from the right side of this photo.

No comments: