My son left for a ski race at the same time my daughter left for school. One child in snowpants, one child in shorts. The incongruity made me laugh, and I took a picture of them, and after waving my girl off on the bus, I paused in the alley to text the picture to my dad and sisters. When I looked up I was startled to see a man there, in the yard of a tiny, adorable house I often admire, hand-watering his lawn. "I thought you were looking for a geocache," he said.
(Seven commas in one short paragraph. Dude.)
This year, oddly, the flowers in my back yard are blooming before the flowers in the front yard. It must be the wind. The back (north) gets 1/2 as much sun but it's protected, and we had such a crazy stormy year that the protection must have won out over the light.
In the front I have one! daffodil!
1 comment:
All my daffs have been beaten down by heavy snow. Ah well, they were beautiful.
It was sleeting outside just a while ago.
Such is spring in eastern Ontario.
Post a Comment