Saturday, January 21, 2012

74 inches in 72 hours

A massive storm ripped through Oregon last week, dumping 74 inches of snow on Mt. Bachelor in 72 hours – and it's still falling. Here in town we had enough snow to cancel school for a day, then rain. Rain, rain, rain. So much rain fell in such a fury that it found every weakness in our weatherstripping, and we've got soaked carpets!

Sadly, I missed the whole furor. I had the stomach flu.

An involuntary purging, my husband called it.

Yeah.

Rain of a different sort, eh?

(Ew, that was gross. Call it the effect of 10-year-olds.)

My husband and son are on the mountain right now, valiantly facing over six feet of new snow. Sasha and I stayed home. Every so often I look out the window and think dang, I should have gone snowboarding, too! but then after climbing the stairs I have to stop to catch my breath. It's amazing how three days with little food can weaken one, you know?


*

Here, see how I amused myself today (between loads of laundry): You know you're in Central Oregon when...

No comments: