Monday, August 22, 2011

Work is the last thing on my mind

Well, right. I did spend time this weekend folding clothes, cooking dinner, washing dishes, sweeping the floor, coercing recalcitrant children to brush their teeth and all that – all the daily maintenance that's part of a parent's life.

I meant to say that when I close my laptop on Friday nights, I don't feel like I'm going home to a second job; I don't feel overwhelmed by all the housework that needs doing. And we've spent at least one day of every weekend adventuring, so for 48 hours I completely forget there's such a thing as a computer!


Building sandcastles on a black sand beach, aka the First Street Rapids. The one on the far left is mine.



[Title explanation: This morning my kids were playing this song. I was all, have some sympathy, little dudes.]

3 comments:

Joie de Vivre said...

The art of the disconnect. Tricky thing to master. My Beloved mentioned once that he can tell what kind of day I've had by whether or not I make eye contact when I walk in the door. I've since learned to sit in the car in the driveway until I can let it go enough to meet his eye.

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

Julie, that's exactly what I was getting at -- the art of the disconnect. It's easy in central Oregon in the summer!

nonlineargirl said...

I was excited when I saw the subject line - I love that song! (even when I can't get it out of my head)