Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My whole body sings

When I'm content and sort of absent-mindedly going about my day, I sing to myself. I don't usually notice that I'm singing until someone comments on it – or until I realize I'm singing this, as I often am (!) "And when I laugh out loud, my whole body sings! ha ha, ha ha ha haaa, ha ha, ha ha ha haaaaaaa!"



in my brother-in-law's presence. Then I ask, self-consciously, whether it's strange to hear other people absent-mindedly singing songs that he wrote.

*

Was that a great segway or what? Yes, my baby sister's husband's band has released their second album of children's songs. Go have a listen. (That link goes to my other favorite song, which is very wise; I wish he'd written it when my own children were babies.) The CD is for sale, or you can buy digital downloads.

The first song, by the way, is a re-telling of the incident which made Radiolab in 2009.

1 comment:

Mayberry said...

Not only is it so cool that B. inspired a song, it's a great song!