Last September, however, when my youngest started school, boringness at work stopped being a perk because last September, for the very first time, I thought: I know how to do this. I know how to be a parent and a wife and a cook and a bill-payer and I can even throw an impromptu party for eight, which is a real achievement for me, let me tell you. I know how to do this. And my job is boring.
So, I wondered, what's next?
*
Now you are expecting some grand announcement, like maybe I've gotten a book deal! A permanent writing gig! No, no book deal. No writing gig. I have, however, gotten a sort of promotion at work. My dept. got reorganized and rather than hiring new people, they increased my hours and gave me interesting work. It's something I don't really know how to do, at least not well, so I have to learn it; it's challenging and interesting. It involves systems analysis, which I totally love, as you can probably tell from the blog.
Interesting! work!
It'll leave less time for blogging, though. That's what I really wanted to tell you. If I'm posting less, don't worry. Nothing's happened. I'm just at work!
3 comments:
Oh good! A challenge is nice.
Congratulations! Enjoy the new challenge. And someday teach me how to do that dinner-party thing.
A very very belated congratulations!
Post a Comment