Last Friday my youngest child started all-day kindergarten. Do you know what that means?
FREE TIME.
For the last several years I've tried to work 20 hours/week with just 18 hours of daycare or less. Now I have 30 hours of daycare and (at the moment anyway) a 20 hr/week cap on work.
It's, like, totally weird.
I feel I need to fill those extra hours productively: earning money, preferably, or at the very least cleaning the house, winterizing, putting up jars of jam. I feel as though those hours will be revoked if I don't use them wisely. For the last several years I've had to snatch every moment alone, every moment in which I hoped to complete a task; if I wanted to get something done, I had to give up time with my children or my husband. Go watch TV, kids! Mom needs to make dinner!
And now I have free time. Not stolen time. Free!
It's very strange.
In a month I'm sure it will all be reallocated.
4 comments:
School itself seems to eat up a unreasonable amount of MY time. Like today was one of TWO half days this week (it's only the third week of school), and my kid wanted to go to the park with all the other kids, and I couldn't quite bring my laptop, so ...
Enjoy it while it lasts!
Have fun!!!
Free time? I think I covet that more than I coveted sleep while parenting a newborn. Enjoy it!!
Post a Comment