Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday morning snowboarding

Sunny today and so clear the sky is everywhere. On the mountain I felt like I was in it. Artist Sister-in-law and my husband and I sat in the middle of one of the northwest runs to admire Sparks Lake, frozen way down below, and across from us -- at arm's length -- South Sister and Broken Top.

My sister-in-law was giddy with happiness. "I'm just glad to be here!" she said. "I'm just so glad to be alive!"

But it was cold. Eeee ya! The wind howled at the top of the Outback chair, -20 degrees with the wind chill. The only way to stay warm was to get stuck in the deep, chalky powder in the trees, which I did a few times. Oh, yeah.

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I can just picture it!

We are FINALLY getting some snow here -- I'm hoping to go snowboarding Sunday.

Joie de Vivre said...

I (heart) T :)