No grades. The teacher (and my kid himself) would know if he learned what she taught because if he didn't, he wouldn't be able to run his experiments properly. (You need fractions to work with electricity and you need electricity to turn a propeller. You can only guess at it for so long.)
The school's speed-flying team would totally kick the Norwegians' butts. [Go watch that video. Duuuuuuuuude. I would never do that – but I know people who would!]
After graduation from this school the kids can go on to college, where they may run down the rabbit hole after whatever interested them most while building that plane. Or they can just go get a job as a mechanic. In northern Canada. Where they backcountry ski on their days off. And guide their retired parents on heli-ski trips.
*
Y'all heard about the human-powered ornithopter built by University of Toronto students, right?
1 comment:
Ok first, that video of the speed flying gave me heart palpitations. I must be getting old. But the video of the ornithopter is awe-inspiring. I want your son to go to Airplane school too, and then I want my son to go when he is old enough!
-Jill
Post a Comment