Monday, December 07, 2009

Checking in

I survive December with long, deep breaths. I'm an introvert; I need great quantities of time alone; but in December — December, with its birthday parties and holiday parties and school celebrations — I just can't find it. So I breathe deeply. I whisper to myself the way I whisper to my children when they're hurt or anxious: It's all right. Everything's going to be OK. Stay calm. Smile! Everything's all right.

*

On a completely unrelated note, have any of you seen this video? If I'd seen this video when I was 10, I would have quit gymnastics and bought a new bike. I find it totally inspiring. And I love how he just rides off, at the end, without commentary.

2 comments:

Mayberry said...

WOW.

It's like he's dancing with that bike.

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Funny..I don't consider myself to be an introvert but I do need a lot of time to myself..I have always been like that..I like to recharge and ponder....Michelle