You blog is fairly new. What made you want to start one up?
I needed a creative outlet for all of my rage. I know how that sounds, but in my real life I am such a push over and a people pleaser. Internalizing everything was not a healthy lifestyle for me anymore.
Is Sremmus (your blog name) purposely "summers" spelled backward? Hee hee, now I'm feeling really smart for noticing that. Or wait, maybe sremmus is a word. I need to check the dictionary. Or maybe it's Lithuanian. Is it Lithuanian? .... How did you choose that name?
Yep, it's summers spelled backwards! I tried so many names in the beginning, and they were all taken! So, I went with my maiden name backwards, it wasn't until about a week ago that the official Summers family web site is also sremmus. There goes thinking I'm brilliant.
Do any of your friends and family read your blog? Mine do. That definitely changes what I write! If your family did (or did not) read, do you think you'd write differently?
The whole point for me was to not have to hide anything anymore, so I only told my husband, and he already knows I am insane. It's great to have someone who truly knows you and still loves you. I did tell my sister about it, no one was reading my blog and I was pouting. She only read it once, with her being Christian and therefore from a totally different planet then me. Oh well!
I live in a town without a real mall, too, but I moved here from the city. Have you always lived in a small town? What do you like best about it?
I like to jump around, at least until I got married. I used to move every 3-6 months. You can do that if you are live in help to the rich and shameless and only take jobs that are temporary. I have lived in Minneapolis and San Fransisco, those are the biggest cities. Not to mention the countless tiny places!
If I only knew you from the blog, and came to visit you, what do you think would surprise me? I mean, do you think I'd say, "Oh! You're so tall!" or, I don't know, maybe "You have the MOST GORGEOUS dreadlocks! I'd never have guessed!"
Cool dreadlocks! I wish I was that awesome! Alas, I'm not. I am a chubby, white girl that you would probably not even look twice at. You would be very surprised with the 'real' me, because I am all smiles, giggles, and sweetness in person. I truly don't know how not to be. I feel so unimportant in real life and it is rather hard for me to let anyone see the me inside.
I stole this question from Alejna's interview (she's funnier than I): If you were a dessert topping, what sort of blog would you write? And wouldn’t you have trouble typing? ... How about this question instead: if you were a fairy godmother, what gift would you bestow on your godchild? (Or do you prefer the dessert topping question?)
Butterscotch, and hell ya it'd be difficult to type what with me gumming up my keys all the time!
I guess the gift of am open mind and strong sense of self would be my gift to a baby. Then they could experience the world without losing themselves.
1 comment:
This is a fun project, this Neil meme.
Post a Comment