You aren't impressed. You should be. I haven't made anything from wood since 7th grade shop class. And I did this all by myself, with no help from anyone.
Ta da!
*
But. I killed the thyme. I'm not quite sure what happened. It was growing well on my windowsill; it had bright green new leaves; and then in the span of a day it wilted and died. Testy little thing.
But! Four tomato seeds have sprouted! We'll see if I can keep those suckers alive.
*
You heard that the Obamas have authorized a vegetable garden at the White House, right? It's not in sight of the White House, but it's big. They're planning to grow a lot of spinach.
The White House also now has a First Beekeeper.
It's a real sign of something or other, I tell you.
5 comments:
Wow, Jen! I'm so impressed and proud...and hungry! Are they cherry tomatoes you've sprouted? I'm trying sweet peas for the Nth time in my flower box. Suckers have yet to sprout, but I will not be deterred! Viva les black thumbs!
Round of applause!
I am so awkward with a hammer that the neighbours come to watch me and get their laughing fix for the day.
That is totally cool!! Congrats!
Oh, but I AM impressed! Very!
(You feel how I felt the first time I roasted a chicken.)
Jennifer,
This is really cool! Now maybe a chicken coop? The chickens down here are so much better than in the states. So much tastier. It would be so great to be able to raise your own chickens and have fresh eggs everyday. I'm pretty sure you can do that in the city limits now.
Post a Comment