Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sprung

Sunday I heard the red-wing blackbird singing. It was late afternoon; the kids and I were walking down the hill to my in-laws' place; and as we neared the river, I heard the red-wing blackbird singing.

It's spring!

We have also been having squalls instead of storms: 15 minutes of swirling snow, then sunshine, then more snow. Yesterday it was snowing and sunny at the same time.

Spring!

I'm so excited for spring I can hardly stand it. Can I start my garden? Can I? Can I, please? No?

I bought a tiny thyme plant for my windowsill.

4 comments:

MARY G said...

Lucky you. Go to this link http://www.debbiecarroll.com/debbie/?page_id=3 and click on the 'Redwing Blackbird' audio. It'll make your day.

jo(e) said...

It's always so exciting to leave winter behind.

We've still got a few weeks before we hear the spring peepers here, which is what I count at the official beginning of spring.

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain sister!

MARY G said...

Whenever you want directions, just let me know. I won't send them to you in Robin, either.
It's -15ÂșC this morning. Rats!