
After the first long slog through the trees, we reached the treeline and stopped to snack.

Brother-in-law heading toward the spine before the spire.

My nephew on the first pitch up the spire. This was the only place we roped up ascending; we rappelled down. See the tiny people down below? The orange hat is me, nervously waiting my turn.

That's the loo-oo-ong scree field we "surfed" down. And the gloriously flat alpine meadow which (eventually) took us back to our cars.
Thanks to Steve for the pictures. And the belay. And for helping fit my harness. And for carrying a large part of the gear. And...
Here is my first description of the climb.
5 comments:
Oh my god, picture #3 is giving me heart palpitations.
Holy sh*t
You said it was 50ft climb! thank looks WAY more than 50ft! And you were upset I took your son on a helicopter ride?!
I love seeing these photos! Looks like a great experience!
That picture of the 50 foot climb does scare me, but I would still rather do that than get on a helicopter. I work at a law firm that represents a helicopter company every time one of its copters crashes. let's just say we never hurt for work and I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever set foot on a helicopter.
How beautiful. What a fun trip!
Post a Comment